As a modern agribusiness professional, you will rely on cutting-edge technology paired with business and economic knowledge to produce and market food and agricultural products throughout the world. Our program will prepare you for success.
- The agribusiness management major is a unique, multi-faceted program that will give you an in-depth understanding of agribusiness fundamentals — from accounting and finance to management and marketing. This program is available not only as a major and minor, but also:
- You will learn to use current industry tools like statistics, computer programs and investment analysis to effectively face challenges.
- Working with expert faculty, you will have opportunities for hands-on experiences applying your knowledge to food systems, biotechnology, sustainability and conservation.
- Our program will allow you to develop the skills employers most value — the ability to interpret and analyze data, communicate effectively and make informed decisions.
- You will connect with top agribusiness companies, like GROWMARK, FS, ADM, Caterpillar and the Illinois Beef Association to learn firsthand from leading industry professionals who know what it takes to have a successful career.
- You will have the opportunity to join, Collegiate FFA and Farm Bureau, the National Agri-Marketing Association and the International Food and Agribusiness Management Association and more, giving you greater access to networking and resources through IC’s established connections.
The Illinois College agribusiness management major is an extensive academic program that can be customized for a vast number of career prospects. Graduates typically pursue management, marketing or finance positions in the massive agricultural industry.
Alumni from Illinois College's program have gone on to some of the top graduate programs in the country and serve in competitive industry leadership positions. IC graduates can be found throughout the agriculture industry in roles like CEOs, directors and producers.