We welcome transfer students to discover what IC can offer you, with the opportunity to Graduate READY for the career of your dreams.
Transfer students may apply for either the fall semester or the spring semester. Completed applications for admission must be submitted by August 1 for the fall semester and January 1 for the spring semester. Review begins when an application is complete.
Complete the following steps to start your journey to Graduate READY.
- 1. Submit a FREE application for admission
- 2. Request Official Final High School Transcript to be sent to IC
- High school transcript must include final senior year grades
- Transcript must indicate date of graduation
- 3. Request Official College Transcript of all college coursework attempted
- Student who attended more than one college must submit official transcripts from each institution.
The specific minimum requirements for transfer students include the following:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year high school or the equivalent with at least 15 units of credit
- Verification of good academic standing at the institution from which the applicant wishes to transfer
- A minimum 2.5 GPA for their most recent full time semester of college- level course work and a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA for all college level coursework attempted
- A minimum of 24 transferable credits completed. If 24 credits have not been completed the student’s high school record will also be evaluated
Additional resources and tools are available on Transferology, a free, nation-wide network designed to help students explore their college transfer options. Visit the link to find out how your classes will transfer to Illinois College or contact Rick Bystry.
Request Additional Admission Information
Considering an online degree?
Visit our online transfer page to learn how to transfer previous credit to our online programs.