Illinois College is consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education by leading college guides including U.S. News & World Report, Barron’s Best Buys, Kaplan/Newsweek, Peterson’s Competitive Colleges and Money Magazine.
Most importantly, Illinois College and the Office of Student Financial Services works with our students and families to find ways to make excellence affordable. We know that paying for college can be a challenge, and we are here to be your partner in establishing the best plan to fit your needs. We provide the kind of one-on-one guidance you won’t find at other colleges.
- IC’s graduation rate is well above the national average.
- We meet a higher than average percentage of demonstrated financial need for families and our graduates have lower debt than the national average.
- On average, our students received $26,641 in grant and scholarship aid in 2019, which covered almost half of the total cost.
- Merit-based scholarships ranging from $12,000 to full tuition are available and renewed annually.
- Textbooks are included in our tuition.
- Our awarded institutional aid each year averages $17.7 million.
- Over the past five years, IC’s tuition has increased an average of 2.1% annually. According to the US Department of Education, the average tuition increase among private colleges and universities is 3.3%
Big savings with Finish in 4
As part of the Illinois College Advantage Plus, our Finish in 4 program is our guarantee that you will graduate in four years or we cover the cost of your remaining courses at IC. Considering that each additional year spent earning your degree will cost you an average of almost $70,000 in tuition and lost wages, our guarantee will have a big impact on your future.