- Focus on the most up-to-date industry standards for 21st-century careers, with coursework in employee selection and retention, training and development, benefits, legal compliance, workplace diversity, and best practices for creating a positive and productive work environment.
- Work closely with faculty who bring diverse professional experience from the field.
- Gain advanced communication and leadership skills and learn the principles needed to become a decision maker in human resources.
- Experience the industry with hands-on learning through in class projects and internships partnering with area organizations while working with industry leaders.
- Be prepared to take the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) certification exam immediately after graduation, rather than waiting a year like some programs. SHRM is the world’s largest professional organization for human resources professionals, and the exam is a globally recognized certification throughout the profession.
- Choose from flexible degree options — take classes on campus or through our 100% online program. Learn more about earning your degree online at IC Online here.
- Recognized as a SHRM Academically Aligned Program. Students enrolled in a SHRM HR aligned program are provided the opportunity to earn their SHRM-CP credential prior to graduating, giving them a competitive advantage in the job market.
IC’s human resources management program will prepare you for a career path as a human resources manager, benefits specialist or a hiring manager. Illinois College graduates can be found working at some of the top companies in the world.
Many choose to continue their education and earn advanced degrees within some of the most competitive graduate programs in the nation.