As an econ major at IC, you will:
- Learn how to apply statistics and mathematical tools to answer interesting questions with hands-on practice inside and outside of the classroom.
- Complete a required internship before you graduate with access to faculty and staff who will guide you through the process.
- Connect with leaders in the industry and gain industry experience before graduation.
- Engage with successful entrepreneurs throughout the program and learn from their guidance, your experience, and case studies to develop your own business plan.
- Study the differences in economics throughout the world on a global BreakAway trip to destinations such as Vienna, Hawaii, Japan, London, Ireland, and more.
- Complete research that relates to your area of interest. Recent projects include environmental economics research carried out in Japan.
Alumni from the Illinois College economics program have found success in various careers. Recent graduates can be found throughout Central Illinois and across the country — working at Fortune 500 companies, leading at local banks, or pursuing degrees at top graduate schools. An economics degree is a valuable resource for pursuing your passion and aspiration.