The Illinois College economics program will teach you the critical thinking and problem-solving skills needed to make firm decisions in a complex world.
- You will learn how to apply statistics and mathematical tools to answer interesting questions with hands-on practice inside and outside of the classroom.
- Every economics student completes an internship before they graduate the program. You will have access to faculty and staff who will guide you through the internship process and help you have a chance to connect with leaders in the industry and gain industry experience before graduation.
- You will be engaged with successful entrepreneurs throughout the program and learn from their guidance, your experience and studies to develop your own business plan.
- You will have the opportunity to study the differences in economics throughout the world on a global BreakAway trip to places such as Vienna, Hawaii, Japan, London, Ireland and more.
- You will have opportunities to complete research in the field that relates to your area of interest. Recent projects include environmental economics research carried out in Japan.
Alumni from the Illinois College economics program have found success in many different arenas. Recent graduate can be found throughout Central Illinois and across the country — working at Fortune 500 companies, leading at local banks or pursuing degrees at top graduate schools. An economics degree is a valuable resource for pursuing your passion in a variety of different arenas.