If you love mathematics, the IC math program will prepare you for a career applying your math skills daily, whether in industry, business, academics or education.
- In the math program, you will be part of a supportive learning community and have the opportunity to work closely with faculty in small classes and outside of the classroom.
- As a math major, you will have opportunities to study math beyond the standard curriculum — through independent studies and student-faculty research.
- You will have the resources to find and obtain internships that will allow you to explore careers related to your interests and goals.
- If you are interested in teaching math, you will be prepared through our carefully designed education program with access to K-12 classroom teaching experiences throughout your college career.
- In the math program, you will have the chance to actively participate in IC’s math club, a student organization that focuses on serving the community while exploring mathematics.
The Illinois College mathematics program prepares students to successfully pursue graduate studies in mathematics at the both the master’s and doctoral degree levels, pursue careers in industry and enter into the actuarial field.
Illinois College mathematics majors who want to teach mathematics are provided opportunities to develop a deep understanding of the mathematics. By the time candidates complete student teaching, they have experienced over 700 hours in K-12 schools and are prepared to enter the classroom as effective beginning mathematics teachers.