If you enjoy solving problems and answering questions using math and science, Illinois College's engineering major prepares you for a rewarding job in this diverse field. Our students have pursued careers in fields such as aerospace, chemical, computer, materials, mechanical and more.
Our engineering program is available as a full four-year degree at IC or you can follow our Pathways to Engineering program.
- A brand new, state-of-the-art Crispin Hall opened in August 2023, providing the latest technology and learning spaces for STEM majors at Illinois College.
- Coursework covers multiple sub-disciplines in conjunction with interdisciplinary courses that ensure you have the skills employers want: problem-solving, critical thinking, communication and the ability to lead diverse teams.
- Take part in student-faculty research on campus or participate in a funded program off campus, with options to work domestically or abroad.
- Internships will connect you with industry leaders as you grow your professional skills, develop area expertise and get a taste of what’s to come in your career path.
- A faculty to student ratio of 11:1 allows you to form deeper connections with faculty mentors who truly care about you and want to see you succeed.
- Create a customizable plan of study to meet your educational goals.
- Guest speakers and lecturers cover the many facets of the field, provide insight on what it’s like to be an engineer and provide a strong professional network for graduates.
- You will be prepared to pass the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam to begin your state licensure.
The engineering program provides a robust foundation to make sure you Graduate READY whether you choose to apply your skills locally or globally at either a graduate institution or a large corporation.
Graduates have gone on to work at Shell, ADDMAN Engineering, General Electric (GE) Power, Environmental Resources Management (ERM) and hold a variety of other careers within the engineering field. The Engineering Advisory Board, made up of successful alumni and regional experts, help shape the program and provide internships, employment opportunities, and a strong professional network for students and graduates.