If you enjoy solving challenging problems and excel at math, then an actuarial science major at Illinois College is where you belong.
- Your internship usually leads to a full-time offer as you network with alumni in the field.
- Work closely with faculty to prepare for the first two actuarial exams that allow upward movement in the field.
- Make the newly renovated Crispin Hall your academic home (opening August 2023).
- You will stand out to employers with skills they value — like the abilities to think critically, communicate effectively, and the capacity to work in diverse groups.
- The interdisciplinary program blends mathematics with accounting, finance, and other fields to help prepare you for a lucrative career in actuarial science.
- The US Department of Labor predicts strong growth in demand for professionals in actuarial science.
IC graduates in math and actuarial science have gone on to successful careers in the actuarial field and passed their actuarial exams, working for companies nationwide.