- You will have access to career-specific advising from faculty that is customized for your area of interest — from public health and occupational therapy to health administration and health communication.
- You will have multiple opportunities to participate in student-faculty research in your field, an experience many students do not have until graduate school.
- You will be able to explore different health careers through campus speakers highlighting the many diverse health professions available.
- Plan your education and career with specialized resources that include tailoring your resume and interview skills to make you a competitive graduate or professional school applicant.
- Our skilled faculty and staff will help connect you with internships, job shadowing, professional development opportunities and preparation for entrance exams to graduate or professional programs (PCAT, GRE, etc.).
- Working with Career Services, you can test drive a number of careers in health sciences. Our students have job shadowed in occupational and physical therapy at Jacksonville Memorial Hospital and worked as CNAs, EMTs and medical scribes over the summer.
- You will have the opportunity to work with your advisor to find the best fit for the desired program you would like to pursue in health professions such as a nurse, physician's assistant, physical therapist and more. We currently have articulation agreements and partnerships with schools such as St. John's College of Nursing, St. Louis University, Washington University, etc.
Illinois College alumni have had successful experiences in graduate or professional schools and in a variety of careers in health sciences. Recent graduates can be found working as nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, medical lab technicians, paramedics and more.
Many students from IC are accepted into competitive graduate programs including University of Illinois Springfield, Michigan State, Missouri State and Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in Chicago — just to name a few.