- Coursework covers a wide-range of topics including biomechanics, human anatomy, first aid, recreation, nutrition and exercise physiology.
- You will work directly with faculty who bring expertise and experience from a wide range of professional areas related to kinesiology and exercise science.
- Find many opportunities for hands-on learning through class projects, job shadowing and internships through IC’s professional connections.
- You will gain a valuable foundation in critical thinking, effective communication skills and broad cultural understanding to prepare you well to work in professions focused on health and wellness.
- If you aspire to a career in physical education, you gain a better understanding of health and wellness to more effectively serve your students. Plus, you will earn a double major in education and kinesiology and exercise science.
- Launch your career in a growing field -- need for professionals in exercise science is expected to rise as hospitals and patients express a growing demand for exercise and nutrition as part of treatment and preventive care.
Illinois College alumni have found success working in all areas of health and wellness as physical therapists, rehab directors, athletic trainers, fitness management, athletic directors and more. Graduates have also earned advanced degrees in competitive programs across the country, including at the University of Illinois Springfield, Michigan State, Missouri State and Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in Chicago.
Many students in our teaching program secure jobs during their student teaching semester, and all graduates who seek a job as a teacher find placement within one year of graduation.