- A brand new, state-of-the-art Crispin Hall will open August 2023 that will power STEM majors at Illinois College.
- Millions of people are affected by substance use disorders each year and the need for behavioral health professionals is great. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of substance abuse, behavioral disorder and mental health counselors is projected to grow 22% from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- With a concentration in alcohol and other drug counseling, you will learn about addictive disorders and how to identify, understand, and support people who struggle with addiction or who are in treatment or recovery.
- You will have the option to become a Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Counselor (CADC) when you complete your degree at IC. This program is in the process of becoming accredited by Illinois Certification Board, Inc.
- You will experience exceptional learning opportunities outside of the classroom. Students pursuing the concentration will complete 8 practicum credits totaling 520 supervised clinical hours in an approved alcohol and other drug clinical setting.
- Working with faculty experts, you will receive individualized attention and advising to pursue the course of study that best serves your career goals.
With a concentration in alcohol and other drug counseling, students are prepared to work as counselors to help clients manage substance abuse issues.