Celebration of Excellence is an annual Illinois College campus tradition each spring with a full day of events to mark the closing of the academic year and celebrate the achievements of the IC community.
The daylong event brings together the community for a variety of activities throughout campus, like an honors convocation, music recital and student presentations of research and projects covering all areas of the liberal arts curriculum.
This year, the Celebration of Excellence will be split into two days and held in a virtual format.
Friday, April 24, 2020 | Student Presentations
- The Virtual Celebration of Excellence student presentations will become live on Moodle at 8 a.m on April 24 between April 24 through the evening of April 26.
- Access to presentations will be limited to students, faculty and staff.
- Oral presentations will be 10-15 minutes in length and Poster presentations will be 3-5 minutes.
- Students can earn convocation credit for watching the recorded presentations. To receive convocation credit, students will need to watch and reflect on three oral presentations OR five poster presentations (no combination of the two).
- Download the Celebration of Excellence Program HERE
- Accessing Student Presentations via Moodle
*please note these instructions are for Illinois College faculty/staff/students with a current IC login to the SSO Portal
To access the Celebration of Excellence presentations, please follow these steps:
- Please visit IC's Moodle Site Home. If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to enter your SSO credentials.
- Click the link titled Spring '20 Virtual Celebration of Excellence at the bottom of the page to enter the portal. (first image)
- To self-enroll, please click the blue button at the bottom of the page (second image)
- To navigate the course, please use the folder labels under the course menu located on the left side of the page (third image). Clicking a folder label will let you easily jump to the corresponding section of the course.
Friday, May 1, 2020 | Division Awards & Honors Convocation
- Students and faculty will be acknowledged for excellence and innovation in academics, service and teaching.
- The Virtual Division Awards and Honors Convocation will be held via Zoom and Moodle.
- Each Division will receive its own block of time, with the schedule as follows:
- Division I Awards :: 1 to 2 p.m.
- Division II Awards :: 2 to 3 p.m.
- Division III Awards :: 3 to 4 p.m.
- Honors Convocation :: 4 to 5 p.m.
- Download the Virtual Awards Program HERE