- You will develop your craft throughout the program with hands-on experiences in the areas of acting, directing, design, improv, playwriting, collective theatre creation and theatre management.
- You will work closely with caring faculty who will provide personalized attention and guide you on your individualized path.
- As a member of the theatre community, you will encounter like-minded theatre artists who will encourage and empower you to discover your strengths and unleash your highest potential.
- You will learn to create theatre that not only entertains, but also challenges the audience, inspiring them to make the world a better place.
- The program will connect you with unique learning opportunities, including the chance to travel each year to see other collegiate and professional theatre productions, learn from guest artists, participate in the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival and compete in the College Improv Tournament.
- TheatreWorks, the producing arm of the theatre program, produces two faculty-directed shows and several student-directed shows each academic year and provides opportunities for all IC students to participate in improv troupes, cabarets and poetry slams.
The artistic, leadership, organizational, creative problem-solving, and collaborative skills you will gain in the theatre program will position you to rise through the ranks in your future career in a variety of arenas.
Alumni of the theatre program can be found in many different fields in addition to traditional theatre — including education and educational theatre, improv theatre, cruise ship entertainment, law, social work and advertising. Two recent graduates are pursuing MFA degrees in, respectively, Acting and Lighting Design. Other graduates have worked with Disney on Ice, Sight and Sound Theatres, The Second City and Decorum Events.