- As an art major, you will understand the role of the artist within a variety of historical and contemporary contexts.
- You will use creative practices and research methods as a means of exploring interdisciplinary methods of inquiry that promote excellence in the arts.
- You will gain critical-thinking and problem-solving skills necessary for success in graduate school and in any professional workplace.
- Apply your knowledge to real-world situations through hands-on learning opportunities. Internships and community projects with local business and arts organizations are personally and professionally enriching and often lead to employment after graduation.
- Discover a lifelong appreciation and understanding of the visual arts. The skills forged within this program will prepare you to produce meaningful work and develop creative abilities that can be applied to a variety of fields — whether you are a major or minor.
You will produce a thematic body of work in several art disciplines to prepare you for professional practice in a variety of fields including graphic design, art therapy, non-profit organizations, custom fabrication companies, professional artists, and more.
Alumni from the art program have been accepted into some of the top graduate schools in the country like Washington University, Purdue University, Indiana University, Eastern Illinois University, and Pacific Northwest College of Art.