Illinois College Fall 2022 Health Protocols
August 1, 2022 (subject to update)
Illinois College recognizes that our collective health and wellbeing as a community is dependent on our individual actions which affect the safety of those around us. In this spirit, the students, faculty and staff of Illinois College pledge to abide by the Community of Care. This includes the following health protocols:
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is strongly encouraged.
- Symptomatic individuals should test for COVID-19. Students may contact Chesley Health and Wellness Center for access to free tests.
- Members of the campus community who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate per CDC protocols. This currently includes:
- Isolation for five days. Residential students who live within 4 hours of campus will isolate at home (unless there are extenuating circumstances, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- If symptoms have improved and students or employees exhibit no fever (without medication), they may return to normal activity on campus with strict mask wearing for an additional five days.
- If symptoms or fever persist, individuals should continue to isolate for up to another five days.
- Please refer to the student or employee handbook as appropriate for specific policy information.
- Please send any questions to the COVID19concerns@ic.edu email address.