Available to all students, regardless of major.
Thousands of dollars in Music Scholarships are awarded to Illinois College students each year, regardless of academic major.
All students, regardless of major or minor, are eligible for a music scholarship. The majority of students who play in our bands, sing in our choirs and study in private lessons are majoring in other areas, but continuing to follow their passion for music.
Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis throughout the year until all available funds have been exhausted. Make sure you receive priority consideration by submitting your virtual audition today.
Virtual Audition Information
The Music Department at Illinois College is allowing students to audition virtually for a scholarship and is making it easier than ever to do so:
- Make sure you have applied and been admitted to Illinois College.
- Send a short video recording (2-5 minutes) of you performing on your instrument or voice, unedited, in one continuous take. You can email a file directly to us at email@example.com or submit a YouTube link to the same address.
- Students who wish to have multiple skills considered (secondary instruments or instrument and voice) should submit separate recordings for each, together at the same time.
- Once your video has been viewed by our faculty, we will contact you to confirm next steps.
Based on the strength of their virtual audition, select students may be invited to complete an advanced audition in-person with our music faculty, and compete for one of our upper-level scholarship awards. Students will be asked to perform two prepared selections (at least one of which should be a classical solo work), as well as some basic sight reading.
Under special circumstances where travel to campus would be prohibitive, alternative arrangements may be offered for advanced auditions on a case by case basis.
Advanced Audition Dates and Deadlines
- Saturday, Nov. 13, 2021
- Virtual audition must be received Monday, Oct. 18, to be invited.
- Saturday, Jan. 29, 2022
- Virtual audition must be received by Monday, Jan. 3, to be invited.
- Monday, Feb. 21, 2022
- Virtual audition must be received by Friday, Jan. 28, to be invited.
- Saturday, Mar. 19, 2022
- Virtual audition must be received by Monday, Feb. 28, to be invited.
Questions or Concerns?
We understand that circumstances are difficult right now and you may not have access to everything you need to complete the perfect audition. We encourage you to submit your recording anyway and we look forward to reviewing whatever you are able to send with an understanding of the unique challenges you may be facing.
Finally, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. We are happy to hear from you and help you work through any logistical or technical challenges you may be facing.
Dr. Christian Secrist
Music Recruitment Coordinator