Chesley Health and Wellness Center
The Chesley Health and Wellness Center of Illinois College remains dedicated to the overall health and well-being of our students.
Any student who believes they have been exposed to COVID-19 and develops a fever or symptoms, such as a cough or difficulty breathing, should contact the Chesley Health and Wellness Center by phone at 217.245.3038 to set up an appointment before visiting the center. The center is closed on evenings and weekends, however, you can use these tools to assess your situation if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms:
Students who need to visit the center for any other health concerns are also required to contact the center prior to visiting in person. The center will provide instructions to protect the students’ health and the health of others on campus.The center is offering all regular health services for students including mental health counseling at this time.
As recommended by the Center for Disease Control, students who are off campus who believe they have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as a cough or difficulty breathing, should contact their local healthcare provider for medical advice.
The National Foundation for Infectious Diseases is recommending the following steps to stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home
- Wear a face mask if you must go out for essential supplies
- Practice social distancing (stay at least 6 feet apart)
- If you need medical care, be sure to call first
- Practice good personal health habits (#WashYourHands)
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, and mouth)
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily
- Follow the NFID at www.nfid.org/infectious-diseases/coronviruses
The CDC has provided a GREAT RESOURCE FACT SHEET on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.