Commencement 2022 :: Information for Graduates
- Baccalaureate Service | 10 a.m. | Rammelkamp Chapel
Illinois College's Baccalaureate Service is a longstanding, special service featuring vocal performances from the IC Choir, readings from sacred texts, and words of wisdom from graduating seniors and a faculty member. The service is open to everyone (no tickets needed).
- Graduating Seniors: Please plan to arrive at 9:45 a.m. in your cap and gown / regalia to line up along the sidewalk in front of Rammelkamp Chapel in any order.
- Each graduate will receive four general admission tickets for the commencement ceremony. Children ages three and younger do not require a ticket. Tickets will be available at the IC Store starting April 26 through May 6. Graduates who are not currently on campus to pick up their tickets will receive a Google Form to reserve their tickets.
- Starting Monday, May 9, any unclaimed tickets will be made available for all graduates to get up to four more tickets. In total, some students could have up to eight tickets for guests, depending on availability. A waitlist for additional tickets will be sent out to graduates on Sunday, April 24.
- Commencement rehearsal will take place at 1 p.m. on Saturday, May 14 in King Field House. Graduates will gather in Sherman Gymnasium and will line up alphabetically with Bachelor of Arts degree candidates at the front, followed by the Bachelor of Science degree candidates. The rehearsal will last approximately one hour.
- On Sunday, May 15, following the Class of 2022 photo at 12 Noon, faculty marshal assistants will line up the class as follows:
- Bachelor of Arts degree candidates will line up alphabetically in Sherman Gymnasium.
- Bachelor of Science degree candidates will line up alphabetically in Sherman Gymnasium.
- The 188th Commencement Exercise will take place at 1 p.m. in King Field House. Illinois College will issue four tickets to graduates to give to their families and guests. Chairs are provided by the College on a first-come, first-served basis.
- At the completion of the commencement ceremony, the faculty will recess by marching and forming an aisle through which the Class of 2022 will walk to be personally congratulated. This line will then lead graduates to Green Athletic Field to meet family and friends.
- Baccalaureate Service begins at 10 a.m. All graduates participating in Baccalaureate need to arrive at Rammelkamp Chapel by 9:30 a.m. to get lined up along the sidewalk west of the chapel. Class of 2022 graduates are to dress in their cap and gown and will proceed into the chapel two by two, in no specific order. Seating will be reserved for the graduates in the chapel. In case of inclement weather, the Class of 2022 will assemble in the basement of the chapel.
Post-Commencement Celebration for Graduates and their Families
*This event is sponsored by Water's Edge Winery & Bistro and is not an official Illinois College event.
Water’s Edge Winery & Bistro invites the Illinois College graduates and their families to the winery to celebrate the tremendous achievements of the students. The event includes free admission and live music by the acoustic trio Myers-Brant-Paoni. Food will be available for purchase from the Twyford BBQ food truck.
Water’s Edge will have a variety of beverages, including beer and wine, for purchase.
- Graduates will also be able to purchase an exclusive, commemorative bottle of wine with the Illinois College logo.
Residence Hall Information
Campus Residences close on Friday, May 6, 2022:
- All residence halls, campus houses and the College Avenue apartments close at 4:30 p.m. on May 6 for all students not participating in Commencement activities.
- Graduating seniors, band and choir students assisting with Commencement, hall staff, spring student-athletes attending conference championships after May 7 and summer housing students are permitted to stay on campus after the deadline with proper approval.
*All students staying after May 6 are required to submit the request form to stay on campus after the residences close.
Ensuring that your Student ID works after May 6:
- All students intending to stay on campus after the official closing deal must complete the request to stay form. Select the link to complete the form: May Closing Request to Stay Form
- Automatic approval is granted to: graduating seniors, spring student-athletes attending conference championships, band and choir students assisting with Commencement activities and summer housing students.
- Completing the request to stay form allows the Office of Residential Life to ensure all student ID access is updated accordingly and provides campus officials with notice that the student is still on campus.
- Deadline to complete the request form is 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, April 24, 2022.
- Graduating Seniors have until 12 Noon on Monday, May 16, 2022 to check out of their on-campus housing. Students staying later than this deadline MUST discuss their situation with the Office of Residential Life ahead of time.
- Band and Choir Students have until 8 p.m. on Sunday, May 15, 2022 to remove all of their belongings from their assigned room/apartment/house and properly check out with their RA or Apartment/House manager.
- Students can check out via an express check-out form or in-person with a Res Life staff member
Caps, Gowns and Announcements
- Caps and Gowns
- If graduates are participating in Baccalaureate and Commencement, they will need to purchase Illinois College approved regalia. To order regalia, please visit the Jostens website.
- To purchase announcements, please visit the Jostens website.
- IC Store
- For questions about caps, gowns and announcements, please contact the IC Store at 217.245.3444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Senior Class Gift
- To make your gift, please visit the Senior Class Gift website
Diplomas, Transcripts and Accounts
- All financial obligations to the College must be met by Friday, May 13 in order to receive your diploma on Sunday, May 15.
- The official Class of 2022 photograph of bachelors' degree candidates will be taken at 12 Noon at the Illinois College seal. Immediately following, a photo including all Class of 2022 donors will be taken in the same location. Please be dressed in your cap and gown for the photos.
- Family legacy photos will be taken of individual graduates with their relatives who are Illinois College alumni near the Illinois College seal.
Meet Your Alumni Association
- You will soon become a member of the Illinois College Alumni Association. To stay connected to your classmates and Illinois College, follow the IC Alumni Community on Facebook and Twitter.
- For information on upcoming alumni events, visit the Alumni website.