Commencement 2022 :: Information for Parents & Families
Commencement Weekend Reservations
- Please visit our reservation website to make your Osage Orange and Commencement Luncheon reservations.
- Each graduate will receive four general admission tickets for the commencement ceremony. Children ages three and younger do not require a ticket. Graduates are to pick up their tickets from the IC Store April 26 through May 6. Graduates who are not currently on campus to pick up their tickets will receive a Google Form to reserve their tickets. Starting Monday, May 9, any unclaimed tickets will be made available for all graduates to get up to four more tickets (a total of eight tickets per graduate depending on availability). A waitlist for additional tickets will be sent out to graduates on Sunday, April 24.
- Baccalaureate Service Information | 10 a.m. | Rammelkamp Chapel
Illinois College's Baccalaureate Service is a longstanding, special service featuring vocal performances from the IC Choir, readings from sacred texts, and words of wisdom from graduating seniors and a faculty member. The service is open to everyone (no tickets needed).
Post-Commencement Celebration for Graduates and their Families
*This event is sponsored by Water's Edge Winery & Bistro and is not an official Illinois College event.
- Water’s Edge Winery & Bistro invites the Illinois College graduates and their families to the winery to celebrate the tremendous achievements of the students. The event includes free admission and live music by the acoustic trio Myers-Brant-Paoni. Food will be available for purchase from the Twyford BBQ food truck.
- Water’s Edge will have a variety of beverages, including beer and wine, for purchase.
- Graduates will also be able to purchase an exclusive, commemorative bottle of wine with the Illinois College logo.
Bruner Fitness & Recreation Center
- Bruner Fitness and Recreation Center will open at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 15
- To ensure a safe and secure environment, bags may be subject to a search.
- Special seating areas are provided for hearing impaired individuals and those in wheelchairs. For the hearing impaired, baccalaureate and commencement ceremonies will be signed. For individuals needing handicapped accessibility, please note the following drop-off locations:
- Rammelkamp Chapel: unload at the drive on the south side of the chapel.
- Cummings Dining Hall: unload at the west entrance.
- Bruner Fitness and Recreation Center: unload at the north entrance on Edgehill Road or at the south entrance off of Lincoln Avenue.
- Upon arrival to campus, please call the main Illinois College phone number at 217.245.3000 and request a golf cart to be sent to your drop-off location.
- Accessible restrooms are located in Kirby Learning Center, Baxter Hall, Parker Science Building, Whipple Hall, Caine Student Center and Bruner Fitness and Recreation Center. Paramedics will be on site the entire day in case of an emergency.
- The IC Store located in Abraham Lincoln Hall will be open during the following times:
- Friday, May 13: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, May 14: 4:30 to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, May 15: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- All live streams of Commencement weekend will be available on Illinois College's main commencement page.
- Room blocks have been secured under the name 'ILLINOIS COLLEGE' for family members of the Class of 2022. Please visit our Maps & Accommodations page to see a complete listing of hotels and travel information to campus.
- Parking is available in the following lots and streets:
- Parking Lots
- Campus Services parking lot (east of Green Athletic Field)
- Cummings Dining Hall parking lot
- Crampton Hall, Crispin Hall and McGaw Fine Arts Center parking lots
- Lincoln Avenue
- Edgehill Road
- Park Street
- College Avenue
- Please reference the Campus Map for more information.
- Parking Lots
- A professional photographer will take a commemorative photograph of each graduate receiving his or her diploma. Graduates will receive this photograph as well as the Class of 2022 photo, compliments of the Office of Development and Alumni Relations and the Illinois College Alumni Association.
- A seating map is available HERE for Commencement weekend.