Commencement Weekend Reservations
- Please visit our reservation website to make your Osage Orange and Commencement Luncheon reservations.
- There are no limitations to the number of guests that may attend per graduate. All guests are still encouraged to register for events they plan to attend.
- Baccalaureate Service Information | 10 a.m. | Rammelkamp Chapel
Illinois College's Baccalaureate Service is a longstanding, special service featuring vocal performances from the IC Choir, readings from sacred texts, and words of wisdom from graduates and a faculty member.
Post-Commencement Celebration for Graduates and their Families
*This event is sponsored by Water's Edge Winery & Bistro and is not an official Illinois College event.
- Water’s Edge Winery & Bistro invites the Illinois College graduates and their families to the winery to celebrate the tremendous achievements of the students. The event includes free admission and live musical entertainment.
- Water’s Edge will have a variety of food and beverages, including beer and wine, for purchase.
- Graduates will also be able to purchase an exclusive, commemorative bottle of wine with the Illinois College logo.
Bruner Fitness & Recreation Center
- Bruner Fitness and Recreation Center will open at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 14
- To ensure a safe and secure environment, bags may be subject to a search.
- Special seating areas are provided for hearing impaired individuals and those in wheelchairs. For the hearing impaired, baccalaureate and commencement ceremonies will be signed. For individuals needing handicapped accessibility, please note the following drop-off locations:
- Rammelkamp Chapel: unload at the drive on the south side of the chapel.
- Cummings Dining Hall: unload at the west entrance.
- Bruner Fitness and Recreation Center: unload at the north entrance on Edgehill Road or at the south entrance off of Lincoln Avenue.
- Upon arrival to campus, please call the main Illinois College phone number at 217.245.3000 and request a golf cart to be sent to your drop-off location.
- Accessible restrooms are located in Kirby Learning Center, Baxter Hall, Parker Science Building, Whipple Hall, Caine Student Center and Bruner Fitness and Recreation Center. Paramedics will be on site the entire day in case of an emergency.
- The IC Store, located in Caine Student Center, will be open during the following times:
- Friday, May 12 :: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, May 13 :: 4:30 to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, May 14: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- All live streams of Commencement weekend will be available on Illinois College's main commencement page.
- Room blocks have been secured under the name 'ILLINOIS COLLEGE' for family members of the Class of 2023. Please visit our Maps & Accommodations page to see a complete listing of hotels and travel information to campus.
- Parking is available in the following lots and streets:
- Parking Lots
- Campus Services parking lot (east of Green Athletic Field)
- Cummings Dining Hall parking lot
- Crampton Hall, Crispin Hall and McGaw Fine Arts Center parking lots
- Lincoln Avenue
- Edgehill Road
- Park Street
- College Avenue
- Please reference the Campus Map for more information.
- Parking Lots
- A professional photographer will take a commemorative photograph of each graduate receiving his or her diploma. Graduates will receive this photograph as well as the Class of 2023 photo, compliments of the Office of Advancement and Alumni Engagement and the Illinois College Alumni Association.