ILLINOIS COLLEGE FALL 2021 HEALTH PROTOCOLS
September 27, 2021 (subject to update)
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is strongly encouraged.
- Students are requested to send documentation of COVID-19 vaccination before arrival on campus by taking a picture of your vaccine card and emailing it to COVID19concerns@ic.edu, preferably from your IC email address. Students who document their status as fully vaccinated will be entered into a drawing for $500 in cash. There will be one drawing for every 100 students who submit documentation (over 10 students could receive the benefit). Faculty and staff should document their vaccination status with the Office of Human Resources.
- Students will take a rapid test before moving into their residence hall or starting classes.
- Fully vaccinated students are required to participate in SHIELD testing once a week. IC will randomly select a percentage of fully vaccinated employees each week for SHIELD testing as well. Individuals who have not provided proof of full vaccination (students, faculty and staff) will be required to take a SHIELD test twice a week until further notice. Faculty, staff and students will also have access to testing on request.
- Masks are required indoors on campus; unvaccinated individuals are required to mask outdoors in large groups.
- Classrooms will be set up to maintain 3 feet of physical distance for occupants. Occupancy may also be limited in gathering spaces such as the library, dining facilities, and lounges. Please follow the posted signage and do not move the furniture.
- Unvaccinated individuals exposed to COVID-19 will need to quarantine and individuals who test positive will isolate per CDC protocols. Students who live 4 hours or less from campus by car will need to isolate or quarantine from home (unless there are extenuating circumstances, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Please send any questions to the COVID19concerns@ic.edu email address.