READY, Set, Go! Family Schedule :: Wednesday, August 21, 2019
BEFORE READY, Set, Go! Be sure that your student has logged in to Connect2 to:
- Choose the learning communities and courses they are most interested in. It's the only way we can have a tentative schedule ready for your student's registration appointment.
- Complete the math and language placement tests. They must be done before your student will be able to be registered for courses in these areas.
9 to 11 a.m. | Check-in Process | Bruner Fitness and Recreation Center Concourse
Welcome to campus! Get ready for great day!
- Financial Responsibility – IC is committed to helping you understand the best solution for financing your student’s college education. We’ll review your information and see if you have any questions about your financial plan.
- READY, Set, Go! – Check-in and pick up your nametag and your student’s individual log-in information for READY, Set, Go!
- Schedule – Stop here to get your schedule for the day.
- Finish in 4 – Learn what your student needs to do to be eligible for this program to ensure they graduate in four years.
- Health Services – Find out whether your student has completed the required steps and submitted the proper health information.
- Student Identification Card Photos – Now that your student is a part of the IC family, they will need an ID card! If they’ve submitted a photo in advance, we’ll have their ID ready for them when they move-in. If they haven’t already submitted it, we’ll show you where to report to get it taken care of.
- Moving In? – If your student is moving into their residence hall today, stop at the “Moving In?” table to get a pass for your vehicle.
9:15 to 11 a.m. | Move-in for August READY, Set, Go! Students | Residence Hall Lobbies
Once you have checked in at Bruner, if your student hasn’t already moved into their residence hall room, this will be the time to do so. The Welcome Crew will help with your student’s belongings and the residential life staff will welcome you and direct you to your student’s room. After unloading, please move your vehicle to the first-year student parking lot directly east of the football field to make space for others to unload.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Lunch Available | Cummings Dining Hall
Be sure to take time to grab a bite to eat in our dining hall. Families should just check in at the desk and let them know you’re here for Registration Day. Your lunch is on us!
1:30 to 1:45 p.m. | Welcome to Illinois College | Kirby Learning Center 6
Welcome to the IC community! You will learn about the day’s schedule and start making connections.
1:45 to 2:30 p.m. | The First-Year Experience: Framing the Purpose of an IC Education | Kirby Learning Center 6
The first year MATTERS! We’ll talk about WHY. Just learning job skills is not enough. The First-Year Experience helps students to become learners and active members of our community. We will also review the details of this year’s summer reading and note- taking assignment.
2:45 to 3:15 p.m. | Thriving at IC (Residential Life, Health Services, Counseling, Public Safety) | Kirby Learning Center 108
Find out all you need to know about the staff and services available to develop community and keep everyone safe and thriving. Life in the residence halls adds exciting dimensions to a student's overall campus experience. You’ll also learn about important physical and mental health services and find out how to get your student started on the right foot to increase their sense of well-being.
3:15 to 3:45 p.m. | Graduate READY! (Academic Excellence, Career Readiness and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) | Kirby Learning Center 108
Academic success is core to the Illinois College experience. At Illinois College, “Graduate READY” is more than just a phrase on ads and billboards; it's a promise to students and parents. We empower students to explore their identities and develop new success strategies. We help them in matching their interests and skills, as well as their internship, research, and job experience, with career paths and graduate-level education.
3:45 to 4:15 p.m. | Supporting Your Student’s Life Away from Home (BLUEprint General Education Program, Student Financial Services, Connect2 Parent Portal) | Kirby Learning Center 108
How does the IC BLUEprint general education program help your student become a learner? Review the plan to understand how it’s the foundation to your student’s success. Financing your student’s education is also a major responsibility. Find out how family members access their student’s information. Also, get your questions answered on the when, where, and how to pay your student’s bill.
4:15 to 4:30 p.m. | Wrap-up and Check-out Process | Kirby Learning Center 6
Everyone will meet together at the end of the day to learn the next steps to prepare your student for the start of Welcome Week tomorrow. We’ll collect your feedback form from the day!
Thanks for joining us! Please check out our exciting events planned for this fall:
Welcome Week | Thursday, August 22 - Saturday, August 31, 2019
A time to welcome all new students and kick off the academic year. New students have multiple required events that are a part of their first-year seminar.
Family & Friends Weekend | Friday and Saturday, September 27-28, 2019
Everyone is invited to come to campus for a day of special events and activities.
Homecoming Week | Monday through Saturday, October 21-26, 2019
Spirit-filled activities to celebrate another amazing year in Illinois College history!