If you love language and have an eye for detail, the editing and publishing concentration is the place for you. The program blends courses in writing, editing, visual communication and literature.
- The editing and publishing concentration best prepares you for a career in editing, marketing, communications, business and public relations.
- This innovative program will teach you about changes to the field as evolving technology influences new media forms.
- Faculty and staff will guide you to learn about the larger field of English studies and the many opportunities it contains. You will Graduate READY to pursue your specific career goals, with individualized faculty advising and a capstone senior seminar.
- Our program will connect you to opportunities to pursue travel, become involved with campus publications and local internships, complete diverse projects and practice your skills with hands-on learning in editing, proofreading and visual design.
- You will have the ability to network with alumni who will share their experiences in graduate programs and diverse career fields, with targeted advice on applying to graduate schools or jobs.
Alumni have been accepted to graduate programs in literature, writing, publishing, library and information science, law, communication, film study, education, rhetoric and composition, English as a Second Language and intercultural communication. Recent graduates have attended Simmons College, Temple University, Iowa State University, Vancouver Film School, University of Sheffield (England), Drexel University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Kansas State University, Clemson University, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville and others.
Graduates have also gone on to serve in the Peace Corps, teach English in Japan and Korea, and hold a variety of careers in education, grant writing, law school, game design, law enforcement and business.