In the marketing program, you will learn the processes for creating products and services and how to meet the needs of buyers. Intensive marketing courses and real-world projects will prepare you for an exciting career in 21st-century marketing.
- The marketing major will allow you to learn by doing, starting with your first marketing course. You will discover how decisions in the marketing world are made by analyzing and applying real-world data.
- Rather than just working through case studies from a book, you will gain experience as a marketing professional working with actual clients. Our program partners include MLB and NBA teams, as well as a wide range of organizations in the manufacturing, sales, logistics, B2B and non-profit industries.
- You will learn the most effective and up-to-date marketing metrics and analysis techniques for making any organization more effective. Hands-on learning activities drawn from current corporate training practices at Fortune 500 companies will also develop cutting edge skills in sales and promotion.
- Faculty and staff experts will guide you through the process of completing one or more internships with sales and marketing organizations. You will also have opportunities to conduct student-faculty research, which has resulted in work being published in academic journals and presented at national professional conferences.
- The marketing program includes faculty who are leaders in their field and have received national recognition for outstanding teaching, including top awards from the American Marketing Association and the Society for Marketing Advances.
- As a marketing student at IC, you will have the option to easily double major in several other programs, thanks to an innovative interdisciplinary curriculum design.
This program will prepare you to work with the best in the marketing field. Marketing alumni have gone on to successful careers in sales, promotion, research and marketing management.