Merit-based scholarships are awarded through the Office of Admission. Illinois College also awards need-based funds. Filing the FAFSA is required for need-based awards.
This four-year, or eight semester, honor is bestowed upon five exceptional first-time freshman students each year. The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition.
Candidates will be selected from among the top 10% of the year’s applicant pool and will be invited to interview on campus. The selection committee considers all first year applicants with outstanding academic records, strong admission essays, and evidence of leadership and active involvement in their school and community.
Completed applications for admission to the college must be submitted by December 1st of the student’s senior year to be considered for the Trustee Scholarship.
AERO-STEM (Access to Early Research Opportunities in STEM)
Several scholarships are available to academically talented, low-income students interested in pursuing degrees in biology, chemistry, biochemistry and physics.
Those who apply for and are chosen as an AERO-STEM scholar at Illinois College will receive a full-tuition scholarship for four years. (Total amount calculated after other financial aid sources applied.) Through this program, all recipients will have access to research opportunities, academic coaching and career support services. Additional resources available to help students find STEM-field internships with Illinois College's professional partners. Learn more about applying for an AERO-STEM scholarship.
Academic Distinction Scholarship
This top scholarship recognizes your inspired achievement and potential to make an impact in the world. Students are eligible for renewable scholarships of varying amounts up to $19,000 annually.
Excellence in Education Scholarship
This academic scholarship honors your high school success and intellectual promise at IC. Students are eligible for renewable scholarships of varying amounts up to $18,000 annually.
True Blue Scholarship
In recognition of your high school success and the potential we see in you, Students are eligible for renewable scholarships of varying amounts up to $12,000 annually.
Illinois College Transfer Scholarship
Transfer students are eligible for merit-based, renewable scholarships of varying amounts up to $17,000 annually.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
Transfer students who were members of Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society are eligible for an additional renewable scholarship for $2,000 annually. This scholarship can be combined with other institutional aid awarded.
Additional add-on awards are available for students who meet the following requirements. Awards are in the amount of $2,000 each and renewable each year. Students must reside on campus to receive these awards.
- READY for Success Award
In recognition of completing an official campus visit and sending in your FAFSA (if eligible) to Illinois College, two hallmarks of success on your journey to Graduate READY.
- Heritage Award
This scholarship honors your decision to join a historic group of young adults from central and southern Illinois who have made their mark on this region for nearly 200 years.
- Heritage Award counties include: Morgan, Scott, Sangamon, Macoupin, Cass, Menard, Logan, DeWitt, Macon, Piatt, Moultrie, Shelby, Mclean, Christian, Shelby, Fayette, Clinton, Bond, Madison, St. Clair, Monroe, Madison, Jersey, Greene, Calhoun, Pike, Adams, Brown, Schuyler, Mason, Fulton, Tazewell, Peoria, Knox, Warren, Henderson, Hancock, McDonough, Montgomery
- Second City Award
This scholarship honors your decision to join a historic group of young adults from Chicago making their mark at the first college in Illinois.
- Second City Award counties include: Cook, Lake, McHenry, Kane, Kendall, Grundy, Will, DuPage
- Land of Lincoln Award
Like our beloved former president, this scholarship honors your enterprising decision to join a historic group of young leaders making their mark at Illinois College.
- Land of Lincoln Award counties include: Randolph, Jackson, Union, Alexander, Pulaski, Massac, Johnson, Williamson, Franklin, Perry, Washington, Jefferson, Marion, Pope, Saline, Hamilton, Wayne, Clay, Effingham, Hardin, Gallatin, White, Edwards, Richland, Jasper, Cumberland, Coles, Douglas, Vermillion, Edgar, Clark, Crawford, Lawrence, Wabash, Iroquois, Ford, Livingston, Kankakee, Livingston, Woodford, Marshall, Putnam, LaSalle, Bureau, Dekalb, Boone, Winnebago, Ogle, Lee, Stark, Henry, Whiteside, Carroll, Jo Daviess, Stephenson, Rock Island, Mercer
- Gateway Award
This scholarship honors your joining a historic group of young adults form the St. Louis area who are making their mark at Illinois College.
- Gateway Award counties include: St. Louis (city), St. Louis (county), St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin
- Trailblazer Award
Like our founders, this scholarship honors your journey across state lines to join a historic group of young adults making their mark at Illinois College. This award is eligible for all residents of the United States residing in U.S. states and territories outside the State of Illinois.
Other annual awards you may be eligible for include:
- Legacy Scholarship | $500
In appreciation of your family's commitment to Illinois College.