Medical Emergency Procedures
In a Medical Emergency:
Remain calm and do not move the victim unless their location poses a possible danger. Immediately ask someone nearby to call 911 and then call Public Safety at 217.245.3111.
Let Public Safety and emergency responders know if the victim:
- Is unconscious;
- Has trouble breathing;
- Has chest pain or pressure;
- Is bleeding severely;
- Is having or had a seizure;
- Has possible broken bones;
- Has injuries to the head, neck or back; or
- Appears to have been poisoned or exposed to hazardous materials.
Care for life threatening conditions and provide first aid only if you have the proper training. After the person has been helped, remain at the scene to assist with incident investigation.