Hazardous Spill Procedures
Immediately report any spillage of hazardous chemicals to Public Safety at 217.245.3111.
- Evacuate the affected area at once and seal it off to prevent further contamination.
- If a building emergency exists, evacuate the building by the nearest available exit.
- If disabled persons cannot safely evacuate the building, assist them to the nearest stairwell away from the spill site. Alert emergency personnel of their location.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS.
- Once outside, move to an area that is at least 500' away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by a College official.