Hazardous Spills

Immediately report any spillage of hazardous chemicals to Public Safety at 217.245.3111.

  1. Evacuate the affected area at once and seal it off to prevent further contamination.
  2. If a building emergency exists, evacuate the building by the nearest available exit.
  3. If disabled persons cannot safely evacuate the building, assist them to the nearest stairwell away from the spill site. Alert emergency personnel of their location.
  5. Once outside, move to an area that is at least 500' away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
  6. DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by a College official.