The steps and requirements for admission to Illinois College for international students are outlined below. Students are also encouraged to work closely with their admission counselor for guidance through this process.
Apply for Admission
Step 1 | Submit your free application for admission
Step 2 | Submit an official secondary school / high school transcript translated into English that indicates academic achievement. Official, translated college/university transcripts are required if the student is transferring from another undergraduate institution.
*Students whose language of educational instruction was primarily English do not need to provide a language proficiency score but are required to provide an ACT or SAT score.
Illinois College will also recognize successful completion of an English language program in lieu of an English language proficiency exam. Examples of such programs include (but are not limited to) FLS Level 14 Intensive English Program and Education First (EF) Level C1 English Language Program.
Please contact us when applying if you have attended an English language program and would like Illinois College to consider waiving the English language proficiency exam score requirement. We review every case individually and will notify you about the acceptance of your program.
Test Score Requirements
- Academic Bridge Program: Recommended minimum score of 53 iBT, 477 paper-based or 153 computer-based
- Regular Admissions: Recommended minimum score of 79 iBT, 550 paper-based or 213 computer-based
- Academic Bridge Program: Recommended minimum score of 5.5
- Regular Admissions: Recommended minimum score of 6.5 Band
- Academic Bridge Program: Recommended minimum score of B1
- Regular Admissions: Recommended minimum score of B2
Duolingo English Test
- Academic Bridge Program: Recommended minimum score of 31
- Regular Admissions: Recommended minimum score of 51
- Regular Admissions: Recommended minimum combined SAT R scores of 1040 (ERW+M), with a recommended minimum Reading Test score of 25
- Regular Admissions: Recommended minimum combined SAT I scores of 1410, with a recommended minimum critical reading score of 450
- Regular Admissions: Recommended minimum ACT composite of 20, with a recommended minimum English score of 20
Academic Bridge: Students who do not meet one of the listed English proficiency examination requirements for regular admissions may be admitted to Illinois College via the Academic Bridge program. The Academic Bridge allows students to begin their undergraduate coursework at Illinois College while strengthening their English language skills through supplemental Intensive English language courses.
Students may participate in the Academic Bridge program for 1-2 semesters before transitioning to regular undergraduate studies without Intensive English courses.