The Online MSN Program is Designed for Working Nurses Who Want To:
- Understand and promote advanced nursing practices that result in stronger outcomes
- Expand their reach in healthcare and advance to leadership positions
- Promote excellence in teaching and learning for the next generation of nursing students
Pursue Your MSN Online So You Can:
- Integrate scientific findings from nursing, biopsychosocial sciences, genetics, public health, quality improvement and organizational sciences to continually improve nursing care across diverse settings.
- Promote safe, quality client/patient-centered care; role model ethical and critical decision-making; and sustain a healthy work environment using organizational and systems leadership knowledge and skills.
- Articulate the methods, tools, performance measures and standards related to delivering safe, quality care, and apply quality principles within an organization/system.
- Act as a change agent as you apply research outcomes within the practice setting, resolve practice issues and problems, and disseminate results.
- Deliver and enhance safe, quality care and use communication technologies to integrate and coordinate transitions in care using patient-care technology.
- Intervene at a systems’ level through the policy development process and employ advocacy strategies to influence health and health care.
- Manage and coordinate safe, quality care using delegation, communication, collaboration and consultation strategies as a leader of interprofessional teams.
- Integrate broad, organizational, patient/client-centered and culturally appropriate concepts in planning, delivering, managing and evaluating evidence-based clinical prevention and population care and services to individuals, families and aggregates/identified populations.
- Influence healthcare outcomes for individuals, families, groups, communities, populations and/or systems.
"The MSN program at IC has given me the opportunity to advance my career while continuing to work full-time in the hospital setting. I could not be happier with the education I chose to advance my career into a leadership role in nursing." - Cassidi Ladely '24
Scholarships Are Available
The first 30 students to be admitted and enroll in a MSN course will receive a scholarship covering the cost of their first course, a $3,000 value. Additionally, they will receive funding for a laptop to be used for their education. The scholarship and technology funds are made possible by a grant from the Fund for the Improvement of Post-secondary Education through the U.S. Department of Education.
Request for Information
To learn more about the online programs and be contacted by an admission counselor, please fill out the form below:
Courses and Admissions
At Illinois College, our online MSN program prepares you for excellence in nursing at all levels. You’ll learn advanced nursing concepts and choose a concentration in Leadership/Administration or Education. Whether you remain in clinical care, choose to educate nurses, or lead healthcare changes that promote positive outcomes, you’ll meet your career goals and promote best practices in nursing. To earn the degree, you’ll complete 36 semester hours and two practicums in your concentration.
See the full course schedule HERE.
- Admission Requirements
- Have a current and active unencumbered Registered Nurse license issued in the U.S.
- Have earned a 2.5 GPA in their associate degree or diploma program
- Apply Online Today
- Apply at nursingcas.liaisoncas.org/apply/
- Official transcripts of all college work completed and/or that led to the applicant’s receiving a license as an RN.