Five from IC community recognized among '20 Under 40'
Illinois College's athletics director and four alumni are among those recently honored by the Jacksonville Journal-Courier newspaper’s “20 Under 40” special publication spotlighting young professionals and community leaders.
Featured from Illinois College in the publication are:
- Meghan Roman is Illinois Colllege's director of athletics and head softball coach. In her 10th season as head coach, Roman led the Lady Blues softball team in 2021, with a record of 25-14, to the first Midwest Conference (MWC) Championship in the program's history and an appearance at the 2021 NCAA Division III Softball Championship Tournament. She was tapped to be the College's next director of athletics in November.
- Koert J. Brown ’15 is a business law attorney at Rammelkamp Bradney P.C. In the community, he serves as vice president of the board for Pathway Services Unlimited, secretary of the Morgan County Bar Association, a board member of the Jacksonville Kiwanis Club, a board member of the Blind Children’s Foundation of Illinois and a member of Salem Lutheran Church. He is also a member of the Jacksonville Country Club and the Jacksonville Elks Club.
- Claire Kaufmann ’18 is a co-owner of Legacy Dance & Tumbling Complex in Jacksonville with her mom, Amy Stevens Kaufmann, and sister Calla Kaufmann Merriman ’15, where teaches students between the ages of three and 18. She also works at Pallet Repair Systems as a safety manager. Her business is a member of the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce.
- Calla Kaufmann Merriman ’15 is a co-owner of Legacy Dance & Tumbling Complex in Jacksonville with her mom, Amy Stevens Kaufmann, and sister Claire Kaufmann ’18. There, she is an instructor and coach in the recreational and competitive programs. She also works at Pallet Repair Systems in payroll and accounts payable and receivable, and as an office manager. In the community, she donates blood through the American Red Cross and her business is a member of the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce.
- Blake V. Richardson ’17 is a second generation tree trimmer with T&K Tree Services and is foreman for emergency tree services, including for the damaging storm that affected South Jacksonville recently.