ANY Illinois College member may visit the CWC for FREE consultation on writing.
USE OUR ONLINE APPOINTMENT SERVICE AT: HTTPS://IC.MYWCONLINE.COM/
Regular Fall semester service begin on Sunday, September 14.
We are in Kirby 104 and are normally open Sundays-Fridays during the day
and Sundays through Thursdays in the evening:
Sunday 3-5, 8:30-10:30
Monday 10-11, 12-5, 6:30-8:30, 9:30-10:30
Tuesday 10-5, 6:30-8:30, 9:30-10:30
Wednesday 11-5, 6:30-10:30
Thursday 10-5, 6:30-10:30
Friday 10-12, 1-2:30
Call us at (217)-245-3385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We gladly welcome you for walk-in service. Appointments may be made at: https://ic.mywconline.com/
- Call, e-mail, or stop on by with any questions you may have during our normal hours of operation.
- We help any student, faculty or staff member who wants to become a better writer:
from first year to senior year
creative writers and burgeoning scientists
ELL domestic writers and international students
- The CWC IS CLOSED during the following times: Monday 11:00 a.m.Convocation, Wednesday 10:00 a.m. Chapel, and Saturdays.
- We also close during school holidays, the evening before most school holiday, and when the campus is closed. We have special hours during the first week of class and during Finals Week. If possible, we will accommodate you during these and other hours with an appointment.
- See our schedule page or on the door to find out who is on call for appointments on Saturday.
The CWC is the place for students, staff, and even professors to pursue excellence in writing. Being able to write is an invaluable real world skill, and we as CWC consultants work to help those who visit expand upon and enrich their writing.
First established in 1995 under the aegis of the English department, the CWC is now an independent unit of the Illinois College campus and growing every year. We will hit our 10,000th consultation session in Fall, 2014!
The staff is available six days and five evenings a week to look at any paper: essays, short stories, resumes, or poems. If it's in writing, we will help you with it! We are also willing to talk to writers in any stage of the writing process: brainstorming, organization, and revising. We stock a number of books designed to help writers of all kinds, including dictionaries, citation manuals (MLA, APA, Chicago style, etc.), business writing and journalism manuals, magazines of varied topics, and journals and books on specific areas of study.
The staff is comprised of mostly junior and senior consultants as well as apprentices in the sophomore year. The staff have expertise in every division and the director is Dr. Cindy Cochran, also a member of the English Department. Occasionally other faculty and staff members volunteer at the center.
Try out the helpful writing links and check out our new journal, ICWrites.