The international studies program will prepare you for today’s global market with valuable insight into the diverse cultural, economic, political and religious systems present throughout the world.
- The major is flexible and can be tailored to fit your interests and career goals. Expert faculty and staff will mentor and guide you toward the learning experiences that will best serve your goals.
- You will develop an awareness of the diversity and interconnectedness of the world’s peoples, gain an understanding of current global problems and learn to identify and evaluate possible solutions.
- As an international studies major, you will have access to the many resources available at IC to study abroad for a semester or more, immersing yourself in a foreign culture in places like France, Wales, Spain, Germany, Japan or China, among many other global locations.
- IC’s distinctive BreakAway program provides opportunities for you to experience different cultures, environments and ideas through short-term, experiential learning trips applying what you have learned in the classroom to the world.
- You will have the opportunity to travel to the American Model United Nations and the Midwest Model United Nations through IC. The experience will enrich your knowledge in the arenas of economics, human welfare, global politics, and environmental causes and give you hands-on experience dealing with related issues through realistic simulations.
Students graduating with a major in international studies are well equipped to enter the workforce pursuing careers in international business, teaching, diplomacy and nongovernmental organizations. Recent graduates work for companies such as Wells Fargo Financial and A.G. Edwards.