Department: Student Success (Center for Academic Excellence and Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion)
Reports to: Assistant Dean of Student Success and Director of Title III
Status: Full-time, 10 month
Class: Administrative Exempt
Start Date: August 1, 2019
Illinois College is a residential, private liberal arts college located in the heart of Illinois, 85 miles north of St. Louis, Missouri, and 30 miles west of Springfield, the Illinois State Capital. True to its founding vision in 1829, Illinois College is a community committed to the highest standards of scholarship and integrity in the liberal arts. Illinois College promotes academic freedom, equality of opportunity, and human dignity through an increasingly diverse student population, currently comprised of 26 percent underrepresented students. The College develops in its students qualities of mind and character needed for fulfilling lives of leadership and service, fostering academic excellence rooted in opportunities for experiential learning while preparing students for lifelong success.
Illinois College is an institution uniquely dedicated to helping students from diverse backgrounds receive a stellar liberal arts education. The Center for Academic Excellence and the Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion are at the heart of that mission, working to ensure that all students strive for and achieve academic excellence and, ultimately, graduate from Illinois College. This position is an integral member of a team of professionals committed to student success. The program coordinator’s primary responsibility is to coordinate the activities, events, and programs sponsored by the Center for Academic Excellence and the Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion. The program coordinator will support the initiatives of those offices through event management, social media and marketing, budget management, and innovative planning.
The following list of duties is meant to be representative of the work performed in this position. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical extension of position responsibilities.
- Coordinate and facilitate workshops and programs
- Create and implement a marketing plan, in collaboration with the college marketing department, to include social media (various platforms)
- Supervise student workers as necessary
- Manage event-related expenses; maintain and generate appropriate budget documents
- Provide other administrative support as necessary
- Collect and record data as necessary for its use in evaluation of programming
- Coordinate and manage space utilization
- Serve as backup to cover the administrative assistant and/or to assist with proctoring exams as necessary
- Provide general assistance to the Associate and Assistant Dean of Student Success as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required; experience in higher education and/or event management and marketing preferred
- Demonstrated skill with social media is required
- Must possess intercultural competence and the ability to work with a diverse population, including first-generation, low-income, and other historically under-represented populations
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships, engage in creative problem-solving, and extend enlightened hospitality when working with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
To apply submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to the Office of Human Resources by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Office of Human Resources
1101 West College Avenue
Jacksonville, IL 62650
Illinois College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and women.