TRIO Operations Manager
Department: Student Success
Reports to: Director, Center for Academic Excellence and TRIO Student Support Services
Status: Part-time (30 hours/week), Salaried, 12 months
Class: Administrative Exemption
Date Last Revised: January 2019
Illinois College is a residential, private liberal arts college located in historic Jacksonville, Illinois, 85 miles north of St. Louis, Missouri, and 30 miles west of Springfield, the Illinois State Capital. True to its founding vision in 1829, Illinois College is a community committed to the highest standards of scholarship and integrity in the liberal arts. Illinois College promotes academic freedom, equality of opportunity, and human dignity through an increasingly diverse student population. The College develops in its students qualities of mind and character needed for fulfilling lives of leadership and service, fostering academic excellence rooted in opportunities for experiential learning while preparing students for lifelong success.
Illinois College is an institution uniquely dedicated to helping students from diverse backgrounds receive a stellar liberal arts education. The Center for Academic Excellence and the TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program are at the heart of that mission, and seek to ensure that all students strive for and achieve academic excellence and, ultimately, graduate from Illinois College. The operations manager’s primary responsibility is to provide support in collecting, entering, and managing data that is relevant to the evaluation and success of the TRIO Program. The successful candidate will be an integral member of a team of professionals committed to student success.
The following list of duties is meant to be representative of the work performed in this position. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical extension of position responsibilities.
- Coordinate annual performance report and other assessment reporting with the U.S. Department of Education
- Coordinate internal TRIO assessment and reporting for the institution
- Maintain and audit student files and other program documents
- Audit, record, and report on mandatory project services
- Coordinate TRIO budget with TRIO Director and grant coordinator
- Coordinate grant aid awarding process with Student Financial Services
- Maintain TRIO program policy and procedure manual
- Coordinate mailings and communication sequence for TRIO students and parents
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to maintain accuracy and high attention to detail are required
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting, business management, assessment or similar work experience; relevant experience in a higher education environment preferred
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students
- Must possess excellent computer skills, with Microsoft Office applications in particular
- Previous experience with TRIO SSS programs desirable
- Persons from backgrounds similar to the target populations of the TRIO SSS programs are encouraged to apply
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until filled. To apply submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to the Office of Human Resources by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to:
Office of Human Resources
1101 West College Avenue
Jacksonville, IL 62650
Illinois College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and women.