Writing Extensive courses allow students to practice writing skills. Students build on skills introduced in EN 121 “Principles of Writing.” In Writing Extensive courses, they develop the ability to express their thoughts in written form, clearly and ethically, for a variety of purposes.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Writing Extensive requirement, students will
1. be able to write for a variety of contexts (i.e., audience analysis, purpose of writing, type of writing);
2. demonstrate they understand writing as a process (invention, arrangement, drafting, revising, editing);
3. be able to write in disciplinary-appropriate fashion (following disciplinary conventions, vocabulary, style guides);
4. be able to use sources and evidence appropriately (citations, attributions, acknowledgements);
5. demonstrate a mastery of syntax and mechanics (grammar, punctuation).
For faculty seeking course guidelines, click on the link below to "read more."