Come experience the beauty and mystique of Japan with Illinois College President Barbara Farley as we celebrate 30 years of partnership with Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto, Japan! This Illinois College exclusive two week tour, arranged by SmarTours, will include
- Sights of Tokyo and surrounding area (including Mount Fuji!)
- Takayama, delightful town nestled in the Japanese Alps
- Kanazawa, home of the renowned Kenrokuen Garden
- Kyoto with its many temples and shrines; special activities hosted by Ritsumeikan University
- Hiroshima and the Peace Memorial Museum
- And much more!
In addition to President Farley and a professional tour guide provided by SmarTours, the group will be accompanied by Dr. Winston Wells, Professor of Political Science and International Studies and Ms. Mioko Webster, Instructor of Japanese. Mioko Webster will assist any host families or alumni who are making connections with former Ritsumeikan students that they hosted or met during the exchange programs. There will also be pre-departure lectures and language sessions held during the spring 2017 semester. These sessions will be live-streamed and posted online for those not able to attend on campus.
Tour dates and cost:
- Travel dates: Travel window is May 24 – June 7, 2017; exact departure/return dates TBA.
- Book by July 1, 2016 to get the fantastic early bird price of $4,400* per person, which includes roundtrip airfare from the Chicago O’Hare airport. (*Individuals traveling alone pay a single’s supplement of $799.). Deposit of $400 per person required at time of booking.
- After July 1, the price will increase to $4,800 per person.
- Availability is extremely limited! This exclusive tour is available for the Illinois College alumni population, Friends of the College, and those who have participated in the Ritsumeikan exchange program (former and current host families). Reserve your spot now before this tour sells out!
- Please contact Suzanne with SmarTours to make a reservation or if you have further questions about this trip. She can be reached at 1-800-337-7773, ext. 1004 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.