Illinois College is committed to diversity in all aspects of campus life. As a liberal arts college, we know that students will be better educated and prepared for the lives of leadership and service when they have a breadth of knowledge in many different areas and have opportunities to know different types of people. We value and respect differences. We know that we are a stronger community when these differences bring us together. We strive for understanding, inclusiveness and dialogue in such areas as race, ethnicity, culture, religion, politics and sexual orientation to name just a few.
The mission of the Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs is to conduct activities and provide services to create an inclusive environment at Illinois College.
Our goal is to:
- Provide a variety of programs aimed primarily at the enrichment and retention of domestic minority and international students
- Coordinate cultural awareness activities with student organizations
- Coordinate cultural activities for faculty, staff and students
Multicultural Affairs Events - Spring 2014
- Feb. 22- Soul Food Dinner
- March 15- Gospel Festival
- March 20- Trip to St. Louis Library to see Americanah author
- April 15- Multicultural Festival
For more information, contact Dr. Justin Mallett, Director of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs at 217.245.3271 | email@example.com