||Job Title: Director of Campus Events
Department: Enrollment and College Marketing
Reports to: Vice President for Enrollment and College Marketing
Status: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Illinois College is a residential, private liberal arts college located in the heart of Illinois, 70 miles northeast of Saint Louis, Missouri, and 30 miles west of Springfield, the Illinois State Capitol. True to its founding vision in 1829, Illinois College is a community committed to the highest standards of scholarship and integrity in the liberal arts. The College develops in its students qualities of mind and character needed for fulfilling lives of leadership and service, fostering academic excellence rooted in opportunities for experiential learning while preparing students for lifelong success.
The position provides leadership and support to Illinois College by raising the quality of events and the image of the College. The Director of Campus Events will actively partner with campus departments and off-campus interests to determine event goals and ensure objectives are met. This will include event planning, management and coordination of major and mid-level events serving a wide variety of constituents.
· Provide the leadership and support to ensure the high quality of all events consistent with goals to enhance and leverage the College’s brand.
· Supervise the Coordinator of Campus Events and Facilities Scheduling to ensure campus spaces are secured and events are prioritized.
· Plan and manage events in the Barnes House in conjunction with the Office of the President and event sponsors (e.g., Development and Alumni Relations, Enrollment Management and College Marketing).
· Act as project manager for major events (such as Homecoming, Commencement, Inauguration, and Trustee Scholarship Weekend) and manage a variety of smaller events in partnership with other departments across campus.
· Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to maintain the brand in all campus events.
· Provide on-site management of events, camps and conferences when appropriate and coordinate facilities, décor, food service, audio/visual, parking, and security for on campus events. Communicate set-up needs to the appropriate groups.
· Provide quality customer service and form positive working relationships with on and off campus constituents.
· Oversee the inventory of campus event equipment.
· Develop partnerships to increase the number of summer conferences in order to meet institutional goals and ensure their success.
· Manage events budgets and submit invoices in a timely manner.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Provide training and supervision for event staff.
· Evaluate events for effectiveness and success against established goals.
· Research, recommend, and purchase equipment to meet the needs of events.
· Assist in the development of short and long term plans for annual events that support the mission and goals of the College.
· Work with IT and Facilities with the installation and maintenance of technical and audio/visual equipment in all campus buildings.
· Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant professional and/or community event planning experience required. Certification in event or meeting planning preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
· Ability to deliver excellent customer service and creative problem solving in a professional manner is vital.
· Experience working in higher education preferred.
· Attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment essential.
· Ability to work independently and collaborate across departments.
· Must be able to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
· May need to lift up to 40 pounds in and out of a car or up/down stairs.
· Evening and weekend work may be required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references via email to ICHR@mail.ic.edu or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
1101 West College Avenue
Jacksonville, Illinois 62650
Candidacy review begins immediately and continues until the appointment is made. Official transcripts for all degrees and a pre-employment background screening are required prior to the starting date of employment.