Each semester, the TRiO program offers a series of workshops geared toward equipping TRiO students with the various tools and resources necessary to achieve their academic, career, and life goals. TRiO students are required to attend at least one TRiO workshops per semester and and one financial literacy workshop per year.
Faculty and staff discuss how they balanced the demands of college and athletics.
2) Thursday, September 13th: 5:00-6:00, Kirby 108
Secrets to Success in College
Must-know information that will help you start the semester on the right track!
3) Thursday, September 20th: 5:00-6:00, Kirby 108
How to Study for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
Experts explain how to do well in STEM courses.
4) Tuesday, September 25th: 5:00-6:00, Kirby 108
First Generation Student Success Stories
Faculty member share their First Generation experiences, obstacles, and successes!
5) Thursday, September 27th: 5:00-6:00, Kirby 108
Exam Preparation Techniques and Tips
Strategies and habits that will provide you with opportunities to raise your exam grades!
6) Tuesday, October 16th: 5:00-6:00, Kirby 108
Making the Most of Your General Education Courses!
Why they are crucial to any major and career and how to select the best ones for your degree!
7) Wednesday, October 24th: 6:00-7:00, Baxter 100
Major and Career Decision-Making
When making big life decisions, the key is to know HOW to make informed decisions.
8) Tuesday, October 30th: 4:00-5:00, Kirby 108
Managing Your Loans and Planning Your Financial Future
***MEETS FINANCIAL LITERACY REQUIREMENT***
How loans affect you now and their impact on your future!
9) Wednesday, November 7th: 6:00-7:00, Kirby 108
Graduate School Preparation: Composing Your Personal Statement
10) Tuesday, November 13th: 4:00-5:00, Kirby 108
Graduate School Preparation: GRE, GMAT, and LSAT
When should I take it? What is on it? How should I prepare? Attend to find out!
11) Tuesday, November 13: 5:00-6:00, Kirby 108
Graduate School Preparation: Medical Professions Exams
MCAT (medical school), PCAT (pharmacy), DAT (dentistry), and OAT (optometry) info!
12) Tuesday, December 4th: 5:00-6:00, Kirby 108
Coping with Academic and Life Stressors
No better time to deal with stress than during a stressful time in the semester!
13) Wednesday, December 5th: 5:00-6:00, Kirby 108
The Importance of Internships: The Experience of a Lifetime
An IC senior will discuss the internship process, as well as the many benefits of internships!