Overall Requirements for All Students
1. Complete the General Education Program
2. Complete an academic major with an average of ‘C’ (2.00) or better for courses in the major.
3. Complete satisfactorily at least 120 semester hours of academic credit.
4. Earn at least 36 semester hours of academic credit at Illinois College, with 24 of the last 32 completed in residence.
5. Attend 30 College convocations. (Students admitted to Illinois College for the first time as transfer students may attend a smaller number of convocations. See transfer note below.)
6. Maintain at least a ‘C’ average (2.0 grade point average).
7. Students with majors in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Physics, and Psychology will graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree. Students with a major in Environmental Biology and Ecological Studies who pursue the Natural/Physical Science track will also graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree. All other students will graduate with a Bachelor of Arts Degree.
The responsibility for meeting all requirements for graduation rests solely and only with the student. Students are expected to attend convocations every semester. Each student may check with his or her advisor and the Registrar to track satisfactory completion of these requirements; convocation progress appears online on Connect2.
Students must complete all graduation requirements as stated in a single edition of the college catalog in effect at the time they first enter the College, but they may elect to fulfill the requirements in any subsequent annual catalog in effect during the time of their attendance at Illinois College by submitting their request in writing to the Registrar. Students readmitted after an absence of four or more consecutive semesters must fulfill all graduation requirements according to a catalog in effect after they re-enroll.
Students transferring to Illinois College may receive credit for parts 1-4 above based upon courses they have completed with grades of ‘C-‘ or better at other accredited colleges, universities pr two-year colleges. See Policies for Transfer Students and the IC BLUEprint General Education Program for detailed information.
The number of convocations students admitted to Illinois College for the first time as transfer students must attend is determined by the number of credits they successfully transfer to Illinois College before they begin their first semester at Illinois College. The formula for determining the convocation requirement for these transfer students is 30 minus one-quarter of these successfully transferred credits.