The TRiO SSS Federal Grant Aid Award is provided by the U.S. Department of Education to support the educational pursuits of TRiO SSS participants at Illinois College. Grant amounts are dependent upon need. Federal Grant Aid Awards do not affect any other grant amounts. Funding is primarily, but not exclusively, for second semester freshmen and sophomore participants who are Pell Grant recipients. The guidelines governing this Federal Grant Aid Award are below:
In order to be eligible for Grant Aid, a student must
- Be a Pell Grant recipient.
- Have unmet financial need.
- Be an active TRiO program participant for at least one semester.
- Be in compliance with attending two TRiO workshops during the 2013/2014 academic year.
- Attend Financial Literacy program during the 2013/2014 academic year..
- Must maintain regularly scheduled appointments with TRiO advisor (minimum of two appointments each semester).
- Submit completed application form by designated deadline: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.