The TRIO SSS Federal Grant Aid Award is provided by the U.S. Department of Education to support the educational pursuits of TRIO SSS participants at Illinois College. Grant amounts are dependent upon need. Federal Grant Aid Awards do not affect any other grant amounts.
Funding is primarily, but not exclusively, for students in their first two years of postsecondary education.
In order to be eligible for Grant Aid, a student must:
- Be a Pell Grant recipient.
- Have unmet financial need.
- Be an active TRIO program participant for at least one semester
- Attend two TRIO workshops during the 2016/2017 academic year.
- Attend Financial Literacy program during the 2016/2017 academic year..
- Must maintain regularly scheduled appointments with TRIO advisor (minimum of two appointments each semester).
Applications will be accepted until March 10, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.