Instructions for submitting your IRB proposal – research involving vertebrate animals
- Review the current IRB website if you are unfamiliar with the purposes and goals of the Institutional Review Board.
- Compose your IRB applications as a regular Word (or WordPerfect) file, consisting of the following components:
- Name and email address for the principal researcher on this project.
- Names and email addresses for all additional researchers, and or research assistants who will be working on this project, if applicable.
- Approximate dates for initiating and concluding this study.
- The overall goals of your research.
- A complete project description, including how you will go about collecting your data, and specific information on the housing and treatment of vertebrate animals.
- Your assessment of any negative impacts, as well as the benefits to animals used in this research.
- Your assessment of ways that you will minimize or mitigate any potential negative impacts to animals used in this research.
- Include the CITI Training modules completed.
- Save your completed application document to your computers or flash drive (for future reference or potential revisions).
- Email your application to:
IC Institutional Review Board: email@example.com
- If you have questions or problems with submitting your IRB application, please contact: