Instructions for submitting your IRB proposal – faculty researchers
- Review the current IRB website if you are unfamiliar with the purposes and goals of the Institutional Review Board.
- Compose your IRB applications as a regular Word (or WordPerfect) file, consisting of the following components:
- Name and email address for the principal researcher on this project.
- Names and email addresses for all additional researchers, and or research assistants who will be working on this project, if applicable.
- Approximate dates for initiating and concluding this study.
- The overall goals of your research.
- A complete project description, including how you will go about collecting your data, and putting together your sample of respondents
- Your assessment of any negative impacts, as well as the benefits to participants from this research.
- A copy of the survey (or interview) questions you will be asking your respondents, or a copy of the pre-test, post-test, or other research instrument your study will utilize.
- A sample letter of informed consent and signature page, customized for your research. Sample letter of Informed Consent
(Link 3f – Sample Letter - Faculty)
- Include the CITI Training modules completed.
- Save your completed application document to your computers or flash drive (for future reference or potential revisions).
- Email your application to:
IC Institutional Review Board: email@example.com
- If you have questions or problems with submitting your IRB application, please contact: