For retention in the program and/or for admission to the student teaching semester, candidates must:
- Continue to demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrate additional proficiencies in the use of technology.
- Demonstrate satisfactory dispositions for effective teaching.
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or above for all Illinois College course work.
- Earn a grade of “C” (2.0) or better in all Education courses.
- Be recommended for assignment to the student teaching semester by the academic department in which the teaching subject content is being taken.
- Achieve a “passing” score on the Illinois Certification Testing System Subject- Matter Knowledge Test. A passing score for the ICTS Subject-Matter Knowledge Test is required for admission to the Student Teaching Semester.
- Achieve a “passing” score on the Teacher Competence Assessment that meets the requirements of the Teacher Preparation Program for admission to the student teaching semester.
- Submit the Application for Admission to Student Teaching.