The Assessment Committee’s charge is to coordinate and facilitate assessment planning, implementation, and reporting. Specifically, the Assessment Committee performs the following functions:
1. Maintain regular communication about assessment practices within the campus community and with external audiences. This includes disseminating information in faculty meetings, staff meetings, the library, and the College website.
2. In coordination with the appropriate Vice Presidents, review and provide prompt feedback on assessment plans and reports.
3. Review and approve the Institutional Assessment Plan, submitted by the Director of Institutional Research.
4. Review and approve the Institutional Assessment Report, submitted by the Chair of the Assessment Committee.
5. Establish planning and reporting formats, as well as reporting timelines.
6. Recommend professional development opportunities regarding assessment, such as workshops or meetings, to members of the campus community.
7. Administer and interpret an updated handbook of assessment policies