The Illinois Manufacturers’ Association is located in downtown Springfield, Illinois with the corporate office in Oak Brook, Illinois. Our mission is to strengthen the economic, social, environmental, and governmental conditions for manufacturing and allied enterprises in the state of Illinois, resulting in an enlarged business base and increased employment.
We realize that in order to continue our mission we must rely on the business expertise of our future leaders. In doing so, we would like to make an ongoing commitment to assisting in the development of our college students. Specifically and not limited to, interns will:
- develop advanced skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- develop and implement on our annual Compensation Survey and Report
- update our membership database
- develop advance communication skills by interactions with members and staff
Skills Required of Candidates: Proficient in Internet research, word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet development and manipulation (MS Excel), electronic file management (Windows Explorer), and excellent telephone etiquette along with good verbal communication and organization skills.
This opportunity will allow the intern to obtain experience and knowledge in multiple aspects of business such as research, communication, writing and more. Specifically, a great deal of knowledge can be gained in the following business functions:
- Association Management
- Manufacturing Industry
- Human Resources Management
- Strategic Management, Benefits & Compensation, Equal Employment Discrimination & Harassment (EEOC), Employee & Labor Relations, Employment Recruitment & Retention, Retirement Planning, Unemployment & Workers Compensation, and Workforce Planning
- Employment Law and Government Affairs
- Finance and Trade Management
- Taxation, Real Estate, Accounting and Inventory and Trade Protection
- Environment, Health, Safety, and Security
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety & Health (OSHA)
- Manufacturing Management
- Energy, Production and Quality
- Sales & Marketing Management
- Technology Management
Typical work week is 8am – 5pm Monday - Friday for ten weeks at the Springfield office location.
To apply for this IC Explorer Internship for the summer of 2015 email your resumé and cover letter in one attached PDF file to Internship Coordinator JJ Sadler at JJ.Sadler@mail.ic.edu.
Address your cover letter to the site contact:
Ms. Janie Stanley
Revenue & Grant Administrator
Illinois Manufacturers' Association
220 E Adams Street
Springfield IL 62701
The application deadline is
February 6, 2015 February 12, 2015. On-campus interviews will be held in mid-February and selections will be made before spring break.